Our client is seeking and experienced ETL Informatica PowerCenter Developer, with 3-5 years of experience. The successful candidate will work on the design and develop Informatica mappings based on the existing logic in Oracle PS/SQL. This is a contract position of 6-month engagement, starting at early October 2017.
This is an intermediate level position, suitable for someone who has the flexibility to take direction and initiate at the same time.
Reporting to the Manager, EDW and Reporting, the ETL Developer will be responsible to the design and development of ETL process using Informatica, converting from the existing Oracle packages and procedures. The incumbent will work closely with internal technical teams to implement the optimal and sustainable ETL solution to support the business
- Identifying and analyzing business requirements, translating requirements to technical specifications
- Working closely with senior analyst of both source and EDW systems to ensure the requirements are correctly implemented
- Designing and developing ETL solutions that follow the in-house ETL development standards; managing program coding for the extraction of data from all existing enterprise systems, transforming data to institutional standards and loading the data into the EDW environment
- Establishing testing/quality assurance environments; working with clients and system to ensure that programs and modifications are error free and meet university needs
- Monitoring system performance, and other aspects of systems to identify technical problems; monitoring data integrity to identify data quality problems; designing and enhance the data quality improvement process including feedback to system stewards.
- Troubleshooting production problems
- Providing technical support to users; assisting clients in analyzing functional problems; work with clients to prioritize the data quality concerns and to communicate the need for accurate data by other constituents at the university; producing technical specifications and data mappings document; documenting the program modifications
- Documenting the solutions, the programming changes, and the problems and resolutions
- 3-5 years of Data warehousing, ETL, and BI experience working in an enterprise class production data warehouse environment
- Hands on experience in fundamental of advanced EDW design
- Preferred experience on data warehouse modeling on both relational and dimensional, for both logical and physical models
- Hands on and excellence in ETL design, implementation and maintenance. Solid experience in process and workflow tuning and optimization.
- Experience with the system development lifecycle, such as gathering and refining requirements, data analyzing and data profiling, designing and implementing solution, handling sensitive data sets, production deployment, troubleshooting and production support, data conversion, etc.
- Preferred experience in higher education sector. Preferred experience with Institutional Research and Performance Management
- Experience with Informatica PowerCenter, Oracle PL/SQL and procedures, ERwin
- Proficiency in Linux and shell scripts, job scheduling
- Proficiency in networking, IT infrastructure and enterprise security will be great asset
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- Superior communication, negotiation, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Effective motivational and diplomatic skills appropriate to large and complex organizations.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to assist clients in defining business needs, resolving problems, raising data quality concerns, promoting system adoption across the organization.
- Knowledge and experience with standard project methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Ability to work under and deliver to deadline constraints across multiple demands.
- Proven ability to exercise good judgment and maintain a high level of confidentiality because of the academic, social, financial or environmental considerations associated with the solutions being addressed by the data warehouse.